Terms and Conditions
- Delivery terms and conditions
- Delivery costs
- Delivery times
- Signing and other procedures at time of delivery
- Returns policy of undamaged goods
- My order didn't go through but you have taken money from my account
- Preparation, specification and fitting statement
Delivery terms and conditions
Before proceeding to the checkout, please ensure that you have read and fully understood our terms and conditions.
All prices displayed on the website include delivery costs but exclude VAT for all orders being delivered throughout mainland UK (excluding Islands and northern Scotland).
If delivery is required to an area outside of mainland UK then please contact us for a delivery cost before proceeding with your order.
We aim to deliver your purchase within the delivery times noted on the individual product details. Please check these delivery times carefully as they vary owing to the diversity of our product range.
Anticipated delivery times are shown with each product and your order confirmation will advise of you the expected delivery date. If there is a problem with the stated delivery we will contact you as soon as possible to advise you of the delay.
For products kept in stock, delivery time will be the next working day if ordered before 11:00am and will be 2 working days if later.
For special products that must be individually manufactured, usual delivery time is between 7 to 10 working days.
Your goods will need to be signed for on arrival. If you advise us at least 24 hours before delivery you may arrange for somebody else to sign on your behalf.
Signing and other procedures at time of delivery
As all our deliveries our made for us by nationwide specialist carriers, it is very important that the following signing procedures are adhered to.
- Examine the goods carefully before accepting delivery. Signing ‘unchecked’ , or ‘not checked ‘or similar is not acceptable.
- If the product is damaged then please refuse delivery and do not sign for it.
- If you cannot fully examine the goods, then please sign for the goods as damaged. Please mark the carrier’s delivery paperwork as ‘damaged’ and put a line through the ‘received in good condition ‘. Unless you do this at the time no claim can be made later.
- Please keep the customer copy of the carrier’s documentation.
- You must inform us as soon as possible, at least within 24 hours of delivery or attempted delivery, of any problems.
- Title and risk in the goods shall pass to you upon delivery and receipt by the carriers of a signed delivery note.
We will arrange collection and replacement of any goods if needed as soon as possible as long as all of the above conditions have been adhered to.
Returns policy of undamaged goods
If you change your mind you can return any product to us within 7 working days of delivery , as long as the product is still in the original undamaged packaging, is fit for re-sale and has not been used , fitted or any attempt made to fit the product.
Our additional conditions for returns of undamaged goods are as follows:-
- All returns are at your own expense
- All returns need to be insured by yourself against any damage or loss in transit
- We will examine the goods on receipt
- We will refund in full within 7 days of receipt of returned goods if the goods are fit for re-sale and fulfill all the conditions mentioned above
- We reserve the right to charge a 15% restocking fee.
- Returns will only be accepted when accompanied by a valid Brewer Cowls delivery note or Brewer Cowls invoice. Where we are unable to match the returned stock against an invoice or delivery note, no credit will be raised.
Note: If you would like us to make the collection on your behalf, then the collection will not be insured. All collection charges incurred will be passed onto you at cost.
My order didn't go through but you have taken money from my account
If your order has failed but it appears that the money has already been taken from your account you may be experiencing a ‘shadow’ of your transaction or ‘amount pending’.
In these cases your bank or card issuer has ‘ring fenced’ (allocated) funds from your account to pay for your order with us, ensuring these funds are not spent elsewhere and helping you not to go over any agreed limits at your bank. However when a transaction fails we do not receive the money. As the transaction failed, the amount will not be taken from your account. Your bank or card issuer will then lift the ring fence and the funds will then be made available again. Typically this can take up to 6 working days (longer for non UK cards). You should see on your bank statement that these amounts are subject to approval and may not be charged.
Unfortunately, Brewer Metalcraft do not have the authority to cancel this pending amount and so we recommend contacting your card issuer directly if you have any further queries.
Preparation, Specification and Fitting Statement
We advise that your chimney or flue is inspected and swept by a qualified chimney sweep before fitting a chimney cowl or terminal. We also recommend using a professional to specify the correct product for your fuel, chimney system, size and needs. If you require any help or advice please call us on 01243 539639.
We cannot take responsibility for any terminal or cowl that has not been specified or fitted by a professional and is not suitable for your application.
Blocked ventilation can cause carbon monoxide to build up in your home. To prevent it:
- Keep flues, chimneys and air vents clear to allow fumes to get out.
- If you have a gas fire, get your chimney swept every year no matter how often or little you use it.
- If you burn wood or coal and use the fire often you are advised to have your chimney or flue swept at least twice a year and only use seasoned wood.
- Check chimneys and flues for bird’s nests, leaves and other natural debris to make sure nothing is blocking the exit.
- If you live in a property with a shared flue or chimney, agree a date with your neighbour to get them checked each year.
- After fitting a terminal or chimney cowl a spillage test should be professionally carried out to ensure that the products of combustion are being cleared.
- Before fitting a terminal or guard the chimney should be inspected, and where necessary reinforced, to ensure that it can support such a terminal or guard.